This student and staff favorite is perfect for people who want to have the skills to live in the wild, by choice or in case of a survival emergency. Each of the three days of this course is packed with hands-on skills that our ancestors once used for their livelihood.
In this course, you’ll gain the skills to:
- Build a warm, dry shelter from natural materials with your bare hands
- Identify water sources and have the skills to primitively disinfect the water
- Safely identify high food value wild edible plants
- Begin your foundation in friction fire making skills with bow and drill
- Identify rocks that you can make tools with, and then create those tools
- Set traps that could catch animals for food and fur
- Make string from the wild plants around you
- Make wooden containers for storage and cooking
- Safely make jerky to store extra meat
Each student gets the chance to stay on site in their own shelter during the class, and receive a copy of our Advanced Survival Training primitive survival manual with full color photos and written skills information.
Primitive Skills will run March 13-15, May 6-8, August 7-9, October 23-25, November 11-13, 2017 near Stafford, Va. Course tuition is $379
Specific information and directions are relayed upon enrollment.
This course may also be scheduled privately for individuals and small groups, Monday thru Friday. Contact us for more details.