Seasonal Wild Edible Plants
Imagine seeing tasty, nutritious food everywhere you go! Forest, field and swamp still contain the same foods that sustained our ancestors. Learn what those things are, and gain the ultimate back-up food supply!
In this fun and surprising class, we will explore the different plants and plant uses of the current season. Each course is an easy, comfortable walk through a variety of different habitats.
These courses are available at each location, each season. In each course, you’ll go home with the knowledge to:
- Safely identify about 40 wild edible plants, trees and shrubs of that season
- Collect and sample wild plant foods, using nature as your classroom
- Identify harmful plants to avoid
- Find safe locations to collect and forage
- Identify whether the plant is Native or Introduced
- Employ conservation techniques to ensure that there is plenty for future generations
Each student gets a copy of our very detailed Advanced Survival Training plant manual with full color photos and written plant information, created specifically for each season’s class. This book is only available through taking these courses. And last but not least, tasty wild edible snacks are also a part of each course.
Winter Wild Edibles - January 22 and December 31, 2017 - Stafford, Va - Course tuition $97
Spring Wild Edibles - April 1 and April 12, 2017 - Stafford, Va - Course tuition $97
Summer Wild Edibles - July 8, 2017 - Stafford, Va - Course tuition $97
Fall Wild Edibles - October 11, October 20 and October 22, 2017 - Stafford, Va - Course tuition $97
These courses may also be scheduled privately for individuals and small groups, Monday thru Friday. Contact us for more details.